2. When do we collect Personal Information?
“Personal Information” that we collect and process about you shall consist of any information which refers to you personally and that may be generated though the purchase of our products and/or services, or use of our Websites, including, but not limited to, such information as listed in section 3. We collect Personal Information from you in circumstances including but not limited to the following:
• when you sign-up for any mailing list operated by us;
• when you purchase our products and/or services;
• when you submit any personal data questionnaires;
• when you participate in our Clarins Club Beaute rewards programme;
• when you visit our Websites; and
• when you submit any queries online on our Websites.
3. What Personal Information do we collect from you?
We collect Personal Information which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• NIRC and/or passport number;
• Postal address;
• E-mail address;
• Username and password;
• contact numbers, including residential phone number and/or mobile phone number;
• Date of birth;
• medical history and information;
• lifestyle interests;
• future communication preferences;
• contact information for friends you may wish us to contact (for example, ‘Refer a Friend’ messages);
• IP address;
• any other Personal Information provided by you.
4. What do we do with your Personal Information?
All of the Personal Information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop world-class products and services of superior quality.
When you give us any Personal Information as indicated above, we may use your Personal Information in the following manner:
• to provide you with personalized services;
• to enable us to develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising;
• to administer our Websites;
• to improve your experience with us;
• to send important notices, such as communications about products and services, special offers or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
• to respond to your queries;
• for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve our products, services and customer communications.
5. Who do we pass your Personal Information to?
Any Personal Information will be shared with any of our affiliated cosmetic companies so that they can send you information about their products and/or services, if you have consented by ticking the relevant box.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business, or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk as permitted by law). In such situations, we will use reasonable commercial endeavours to inform you about the disclosure and the entity we disclosed your Personal Information to.
In any event, we may disclose any Personal Information to anyone, whether to third party service providers, any of our affiliated companies or otherwise, as we may deem fit for any purpose without incurring any liability of whatsoever nature.
6. Cookies and Web Beacons
When you view our Websites, we may store information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a "cookie" (essentially a small text file or single GIF). Cookies allow us to tailor the Websites to your interests and preferences. For example, a cookie might contain information about the webpages you have visited on the Websites, which could allow us to customise your next visit to the Websites. However, cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer.
Most Internet browsers enable you to delete cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, should you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer, you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on the Websites.
7. Linking to other websites
The Websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and/or operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
8. IP Addresses
We study visitor trends since we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the Websites. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. Analysis software is used to generate reports which help us to learn more about how we can enhance your experience with the Websites. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
The log files are regularly purged. An IP address is a number designated for your computer by your Internet service provider to provide access to the Internet. Generally, an IP address will change every time your computer connects to the Internet. However, if you have a broadband connection, it is possible that the IP address that we may gather may contain information that may be deemed Personal Information. This could occur due to the fact that by using certain broadband connections, your IP address would not change and could be associated with your personal computer. We may use your IP address to gather aggregate information on use. But we will only be able to identify you individually if we have the means of linking the IP address to you as a particular user. This usually requires access to additional information which we do not seek.
9. Your rights concerning your Personal Information
Subject to any applicable laws, you have the right to request access to any Personal Information of yours that we hold, to have any errors in such information corrected, to request that the Personal Information is deleted, as well as to object, on request and free of charge, to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please submit your request through our “Contact Us Form".
10. Dispute Resolution
11. Governing Law